So why is there such negative sentiment towards real estate agents?
One big reason is that consumers perceive agents as putting their needs before the needs of their customers.
Heck, look at the typical real estate agent advertisement:
The #1 producing real estate agent in North County!
This is sort of like BMW trying to sell cars by saying, “We make more money than any other car company.”
For you to be a successful agent, your clients have to feel deeply that you put their needs far above your own. They don’t care about your sales volume or your earnings, or even your experience. What they do care about is getting the best home for the money or the most money for their home. They want you to give them an inside edge in this competitive world. Of course they also want a smooth transaction… before, during and after the sale.
Everything you do as an agent, including posting pre-MLS and non-MLS listings on Top Agent Network, should be solely in the interest of your clients. Plus, your clients deserve to be made aware of the pros and cons of various marketing strategies.
Here’s why posting a pre-MLS listing on TAN serves your clients:
- Creates early market enthusiasm prior to MLS
- Allows the seller to nab motivated buyers before they buy something else
- Tests pricing without getting stale on the MLS
- Minimizes “looky-loos” and overly invasive showings
- Exposes the property to highly motivated buyers prior to it being fully prepped or photographed
- Permits the listing agent to pre-screen buyers (via the buyer’s agent) even before the street address is exposed
Remember, consumers only care if you are a Top Agent IF your “top-ness” does something good for them.